When you don’t see your saved .PLN flies in the Availabled flight Plans sub screen, you probably forgot to give it a Title. How to solve? Follow the next description and find out what happens.
- Start P3D as Administrator
- Open default flight
- Choose menu Flight >> Flight Planner
- Choose Departure location: 00AL
- Choose Destination: 00AZ
- Choose Flight plan type VFR
- Choose Routing VOR to VOR
- Press Find Route
- Press Save…
- Press OK
- Press OK
- Say Yes to move the aircraft a.s.p…
- You will see the .PLN file with Windows Explorer, open it with an editor..
- …but without a Title in the Load Flight Plan sub screen.
- How should the xml from the PLN look like?
- Open the PLN with an editor (Notepad++), repeat the steps and checkagain.
- <?xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”UTF-8″?>
- <SimBase.Document Type=”AceXML” version=”1,0″>
- <Descr>AceXML Document</Descr>
- <Title>Title MUST be filled here in the Title box</Title>
- <DepartureLLA>N34° 51′ 53.33″,W86° 46′ 13.00″,+000820.00</DepartureLLA>
Now the PLN file is saved with a title and is visible in the Available Flight Plans sub screen
If you want to explore your knowledge, please go to http://www.skyvector.com and make a flight plan!
As a sample simple plan we created here your flight plan. When you click on the name of the airport in Skyvector a summary page will show up with important information. Have a look.
We are parked at Parking 1 of Bremerton National (KPWT). Using the on board ATC function (link it with switch G3 on the TPM) we listen to the weather forecast from Bremerton ( AWOS-3: 121.200 ). We tune to KPWT Traffic (123.050) and say our intentions for today. This will be an uncontrolled VFR flight via Olympia (KOLM) to Bowerman Airport (KHQM).
Select Runway 19,
Announce Taxi and go to the holding of Rwy 19 and announce taking off Rwy 19, south departure.
On the runway we announce our taking of departure to the south.
We climb to 2500 feet; our first navigation point is CARNEY NDB (274,00) so our ADF radio is tuned to 0274,0.
Ok, flaps10, full throttle, release brakes.
Pull gently on the yoke when reaching 70 kts, retract flaps and climb to 2500 feet.
At 2500 feet reduce power to 200o0 RPM and trim for level flight. That’s all.
Look at your ADF yellow needle and fly this heading; passing CAN, tune to ADF 348 MNC and fly HDG210 for 14 nm.
At MNC turn left HDG137 and fly 18 nm to OLM (VORTAC 113,40 OLM).
When you reach KOLM, set your NAV1 radio to 117,70, turn right HDG, press AP and NAV
About 6 nm before to land on KHQM set NAV1 to 108.7 and press APR on the Multi panel.