Uninstalling/Reinstalling Prepar3D v4
NOTE: This section only applies to those full uninstalling/reinstalling Prepar3D v4.
- 1. Back up any additional content or add-ons (models, scenery, configurations, etc.) before uninstalling Prepar3D.
- 2. To begin uninstalling the Prepar3D application, press the Windows 10 Start button and type the word “control”. This will give you the Control panel.
- 3. Search in the list with the word “Prepar3D” and you will see the (4) Prepar3D sections. Uninstall those 4 marked as in the picture above. Follow the on screen prompts to uninstall Prepar3D.
- 4. While the uninstaller removes all files that are created by the installer, it does not completely remove content that was generated during P3D-program execution. So, it does not delete any additional folders/files that where added to the root of P3D after the initial install.
REMEMBER THE INSTALLATION PATH OF P3D3 MAKE A NOTE!
- 5. To completely uninstall Prepar3D, you must manually delete some P3D-folders and files that are created during runtime. Please be sure to back up any changes you have made to any of the files in the folders.
- 6. Now, manually delete the following folders (new folders will be created automatically with a new installation)
- %PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
- %LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
- %APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
- %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files
- DO NOT DELETE THE ROOT OF THE PREVIOUS INSTALLATION
- 7. Now you should restart your computer. and after your computer has restarted, reinstall P3D4 in the same root (installation path) as before.
- 8. Follow the Installing Prepar3D v4 section as mentioned in the Prepar3D v4 Download and Installation instructions.pdf that you downloaded in step 1 (See the UPDATE page).