Problems? P3D takes tooooo long to start?
Use a Delete Generated Files shortcut in the root of P3D4 installation folder.
Before you go ! Empty your Recycle bin in Windows.
What does it do?
It activates %COMSPEC% /C “Prepar3D.exe -deletegenerated” and will reset P3D4 to default.
Where they come from (3)?
C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
Files and Folders: [add-ons.cfg ./. WindowDefinitions.xml]\
What do you need to restore from the Recycle bin?
- dll.xml (for starting FSUIPC, LINDA etc.
- exe.xml (for starting apps by an .exe)
- simobjects.cfg (for linking tailored aircrafts folders)
- \Controls\ (from ../Local Roaming and ../Roaming – your hardware settings)
- If you like: VehicleFavorites.xml
- Uncheck Pause on task switch
- Ignore crashes
- You should be able to start up in ~2 minutes