Charts Cloud is a web app that displays charts and video tutorials for flight simulator use on virtually any web-connected device, with special attention to touch interaction. Data is streamed instantly to the browser! Another app information is available from the forum page: http://www.navigraph.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=44
The app provides a moving map and communication between the sim and Navigraph is foreseen with a add-on.xml and a so called “simlink” plugin application.
What you need
- You have a subscription Access Charts Cloud and or you use Charts Desktop. No subscription … no luck and stop reading here.
- For communication between the app on your pc and Navigraph you need a file
navigraph-simlink-,version>.exe from this link (check the latest version)
- Read this post: https://www.navigraph.com/ViewNews.aspx?newsId=116
What to do
- Download the file from Navigraph and install.
- This simlink plugin must be started by the simulator using an add-on.xml.
This add-on.xml including the NavigraphSimlink_64.dll are automatically installed in the default location C:\Users\yourname\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Navigraph Simlink\
- To start the plugin, open P3D4 and activate via the Add-on manager: Menu-Options-Add-ons-Enable. Then restart the sim. This is a one time action.
- After starting the sim the add-on.xml is active
- You must activate the plugin using the program “C:\Program Files (x86)\Navigraph\Simlink\NavigraphSimlink.exe”
You will find a tile in the program list of Windows 10 and a little icon is place in the system tray area.
The test flights
- Last step, select this link to use the moving map beta version
- Did you start the sim already? OK, park your aircraft on LFJR – any Gate.
- Go to https://charts.navigraph.com
- You will get this login screen
- After successful sign in you get this picture with a horizontal menu bar: | Flights | Airports | Search |
- Hovering your mouse over the text will show the function.
- Go to Flights > Add new
- Import a PLN file or flight string
g. LFJR ANG RS DR ALD BHD EGFF
- Verify and Save
- Go to Airports and filter by LFJR
- Select TAXI et voila …
- The purple arrow indicates your place on the chart.