- Connect Saitek Rudder Pedals to USB
- Start FSX-SE in default flight @ KLFI with a stock aircraft
- Check if you don’t have any assignments for this aircraft in FSUIPC4; if so, clear them.
- Open Options-Setting-Controls and select in Controller Type: Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals
- This is what you get: [Sensitivity 127;127;64-Null Zone 1;1;36].
If you have other values, press Reset Defaults.
- First to calibrate the hardware:
press Calibrate and select in the popup Game Controllers the Properties of your Pedals. if you don’t touch the merchandise…this is what you see:
- When moving the left toe, the plus sign moves from the upper left corner to the upper right corner; the right toe moves from upper left towards lower left corner.
Move the rudder, full left and right.
- Now to calibrate press the button Calibrate in the Settings tab and press Next in the Game Device Calibration popup screen.
- Next again, because there is no button to push…
- Press your left toe and the right toe in full and press Next – Next.
- Move the rudder from the center towards fully left and right;
press Next and Finish.
- You get back to the Test tab; press Apply and OK + OK.
- Y’re back at the Settings-Controls page and select the Axis tab where you check the reverse checkboxes from both toe brakes.
- When you have a joystick attached, delete the rudder assignment (by preference).
- SAVE the flight ! Otherwise the next time it restores the default values. You may want to export (and later import) the settings via the Axes tab > Export Controls.
- Now do the test ride. This is about the rudder effectiveness.
- Load the flight. ..Slowly move your aircraft taxiing on the runway an “feel” how it reacts. Takeoff.
- Since the effectiveness is directly linked to the aircraf, you wil find the statements in the section [flight_tuning] from the aircraft involved.
- Rudder Pedals need best to be optimized for each type of aircraft where you can store the setings in a aircraft specific xml file.
- Sample aircraft used: ../SimObjects/Airplanes/Carenado A36 BONANZA /
- Aircraft.cfg like:
hi_alpha_on_yaw = 1.0
p_factor_on_yaw = 0.5
torque_on_roll = 0.5
gyro_precession_on_yaw = 0.5
gyro_precession_on_pitch = 0.5
gyro_precession_on_roll = 0.5
!! Before you make any changes to this aircraft.cfg,
make a copy before you go and register the changes !!
in the category FAQ this week a sample of How To Configure Spoiler Axes. There are 2 possibilities: (a) with the Controller in FSX-SE and (b) with the Add-on FSUIPC4.
(a) How To Configure Spoiler Axes with the Controller in FSX-SE.
This sample is the simplest configuration. Will always work and shows also the %-levels of the extended spoilers. Assuming you have a Saitek Throttle Quadrant…
- Start FSX-Se in Free flight with aircraft Learjet45
- Go to Options-Settings-Controls and tab CONTROL AXES
- Select Controller type: Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant
- Select in the Assignment list the line Engine 1 throttle axis
- Press the button Change Assignment… and move the middle slider on the TQ
- You will see the Y-axis assigned
- Repeat for the line Engine 2 throttle axis for the right slider to get the Z-axis
- Scroll down to the line Spoiler Axis and assign the left slider AND check-mark Reverse.
(Depending on the chosen aircraft uncheck Reverse)
- If you see any other line assigned in the Axis list, just press Delete Joystick Assignment.
- Close with OK
- Get in the plane @ Cockpit view and watch the position on your TQ vs the position of the spoilers in the EICAS
Done! This is the most simple way to configure the spoilers.
Preparations for assignment of a spoiler axis with FSUIPC4.
You can visualize the values of the axis position with FSUIPC by showing them on the Tile bar. This is how it works.
Open FSUIPC and select tab Logging. Fill the Offset 0BD0 Type 32, checkmark FS Title Bar and close with OK
This is what you get:
Axis values in FSUIPC4
Position Status 0bd0(S32) RAW Value
100% 0=Retracted 0 0 +16383
75% 1=AUTOSPLR ARMED 4800 64 +8192
50% 2= 8520 128 0
25% 3= 12850 192 -8192
0% 4=Full 16322 255 -16383
(b) How To Configure A Spoiler Axes with FSUIPC4.
Method 1: without Reverse!
Method 2 with Reverse
Send the Spoilers direct to FSUIPC Calibration and dont forget to check-mark the Reverse.
Together with the Saitek Yoke there is a throttle quadrant with a “PS2” connection to the yoke’s USB. Another type of this throttle quadrant listens to the article number PZ45 and is connected with an USB plug. Both work identical.
Power Supply: in most situations the power to the usb connected hardware is insufficient; just by a PZ44EX Power Adapter – Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System HERE. In sufficient power results in unpredictable disconnection of attached usb hardware which are connected to the yoke.
Do you have problems with SAITEK products?
Please check your software first.
Visit the website from Saitek with this link
Specific: Setting up Rudder pedals