Preview [work in progress]
TeamSpeak is a proprietary Voice over IP software that allows users to speak on a chat channel with other users, much like a telephone conference call. A TeamSpeak user will often wear a headset with an integrated microphone. Users use the TeamSpeak client software to connect to a TeamSpeak server of their choice, from there they can join chat channels. The target audience for TeamSpeak is gamers, who can use the software to communicate with other players on the same team of a multiplayer game. Communicating by voice gives a competitive advantage by allowing players to keep their hands on the controls.
Contents of this article
- How to Download the files for a TS Server and Client
- How to install the TS2 Server app
- How to replace the server executable file
- How to install the TS2 Client app
- How to replace the client executable file
- How to create Channels and Sub Channels
How to Download TS2 Server and Client files
- Dowload TeamSpeak2 Server and client files from our Downloads page.
You will see 2 executables: ts2-server and ts2-client. There are also 2 latest modified executables: 1 for the server as well as 1 for the client. Download all 4 files as shown.
How to install the TeamSpeak2 Server app
- Unpack in the download folder the file named: ts2_server_rc2_20201.exe
- Install this program ts2_server_rc2_20201.exe using the Run as Administrator command..
- Wait for the Welcome screen:
- Accept the License agreement
- Select a destination directory: e.g.
- When you did already install TeamSpeak Client, you get the message:
- Select Start Menu Folder:
- Select Additional Tasks like a shortcut on your desktop:
- Then it says: Ready to install…
- Getting the Information screen:
- Completed! Click Finish and Launch the server.
- Now take care, because after the opening logo, you once get the opportunity to write down the passwords for admin and super admin of this server! Write down the passwords!
Close this screen…ready to go!
Now launch TS2Server with the shortcut on your desktop…and mark with a right mouse popup in your system tray on the TS2 icon:
the 3 icons (that’s where the clock is…)Administration…IP adressess…Exit
Select Administration, Change the settings as you wish. Use the help function.
Before to continue, close the server with Exit.
How to replace the server executable file
- Go to the installation folder of the server app.
- Rename the file server_windows.exe to server_windows_old.exe
- Copy/ paste the previous downloaded file into this place.
- Go Top
How to install TS2 Client app
- Go Top
How to replace the client executable file
In your local TS2 folder: TeamSpeak2 version 220.127.116.11 is subject to possible infringement on the Internet. To avoid this it is recommended that you replace the executable file. What to do?
- Go into the installation folder of TeamSpeak2_RC, this is mostly C: Program Files (x86)/Teamspeak2_RC2/ or your chosen installation path
- Rename TeamSpeak.exe with the old version as 18.104.22.168 TeamSpeak.exe
- Place the new updated executable (version 33.7) . Exe in the folder C: Program Files (x86)/Teamspeak2_RC2/
- The new file TeamSpeak.exe (version 33.7) is on our Download page ; this update is a new .exe file and is NOT an installer.
- Go Top
How to create Channels and Sub Channels
How to Create New Channel
- Start your TeamSpeak2 Client on the PC where the client is running;
- Login as Registered User with the earlier given Login name (admin) and password.
- The Default Channel (RD) appears;
- Now to create a Channel:
- Select Channels >>
- Create Channel >>
- Fill a frequency in the field Name:
- Give it a name in the field Topic:
- Password: leave this field empty
- Select a Codec: Speex 12.3 Kbit ./. 25.9 KBit
- Set the Flags: check the box”Registered” only
- Press button “Create channel”118
Remind that the Com frequencies only work with the Com1 radio!
- Go Top