Upgrade to Windows 10 Important Preparations:
- Before you can upgrade, you must run Windows Update
- Check the free space on C:
- If you have a folder Windows.old on C: go to Control Panel/System and Security/Administrative Tools/ and select Free up disk space to remove old system files and updates. Read Windows Help how to do so.
- When the Windows 10 update fails your system will be reset to your previous operating system.
- For our Dutch readers: Beschrijving Windows 10 Schoone PC
- When thats done, before you start to upgrade, check your current product key with this program from Nirsoft: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/product_cd_key_viewer.html
- ProduKey is a small utility that displays the ProductID and the CD-Key of MS-Office, Windows, Exchange Server, and SQL Server installed on your computer. You can view this information for your current running operating system, or for another operating system/computer – by using command-line options. This utility can be useful if you lost the product key of your Windows/Office, and you want to reinstall it on your computer.