Since the introduction of FSX-Se a lot of users are faced with application errors. These errors are registered by Windows and can be retrieved using the Event Viewer. How?
- In Windows right mouse click the Start button and select Event viewer. If you run W7 just type EVENT in the text box @ Start. You will get this screen.
- The most interesting Error in our case is those errors that occur with FSX-SE. Therefore open +Error and look at the contents of error code 1000 and 1002.
- To facilitate a filter on error code 1000 you can make a filter on that code. When you are in the Event Viewer screen, right mouse click on the folder:: Custom Views and select Create Custom View and fill accordingly:
- Logged: Last 24 hours
- Check box Error
- By Source – Event Sources :: Application Error
- Includes/Excludes…..fill the error code 1000
- Close with OK
- You now have a custom filter on error code 1000 reading as below.