Before you start with the installation of FSX-SE it is our recommendation to uninstall the previous FSX version. FSX is dead! Be happy with Steam! Read the easy way to remove your previous FSX installation.
- The easy way:
- Go to Start/Program and Features/ and select the previous FSX installation in Uninstall or change a program.
- Uninstall FSX and when you have FSX+SP2 installed, it will return with FSX-SP1. Check the version number.
- Now, uninstall again FSX; it will no longer be in the list of Programs and Features.
- Clean your registry with CCleaner or another registry cleaner and repeat the cleaning until there are zero faults.
- The remaining folders in the still existing FSX installation folder contains important stuff that you added previously (FSUIPC Key, aircraft, add-on scenery, a.s.o.).
- Rename you rinstallation folder and move it to your backup location. You will need it later on.
- Reboot the system and ceck if all the previous registrations are gone in the registry; therefore use the TweakFSX Registry tool as mentioned HERE. Try to find the previous FSX path. If there’s nothing found, you’re clean and then install FSX-SE else you need to go into the registry manualy and delete the remaining registry entry as indicated in the tool. You will read the registry key as HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE_SOFTWAREMicrosoft…and the installation path of y0ur previous installation
- How to get into the registry? In Windows 8 just type regedit @Start and hit ENTER
Only delete the registry entries shown here, when uninstalling boxed version of FSX.
Once FSX:SE is then installed, this entry will be present again – so don’t delete it after the installation of FSX-SE! …
Only delete it just before you do a clean install of FSX-SE