Since the V2.5 is an upgrade and not an update you need a full re-install. Use the standard method of uninstalling a program using Program and Features. Before you go make a copy of the most wanted files (dll.xml….exe.xml…) or better make a backup.
Uninstall your SDK version if you have one and then uninstall the latest version of your P3D (assuming 2.4). then…
delete the contents (not the folder) of these locations: (just copy one by one into your Windows Explorer)
- %Programdata%Lockheed MartinPrepar3D v2
- %LocalAppdata%Lockheed MartinPrepar3D v2
- %Appdata%Lockheed MartinPrepar3D v2
- %Userprofile%DocumentsPrepar3D v2 Files
Now download the new full zip, check the MD5 checksum, unzip and install as administrator (and by all means DO NOT USE THE MSI FILE ! Run Setup.exe)
IN THE SAME INSTALLATION FOLDER AS WHERE YOUR V2.4 WAS INSTALLED.
Run once, activate the license…and there you go.
In the mean time an extra patch has been produced to update the sim to version from 12942 and 12943 into V2.5.12944. If you missed it, or cannot find it on the forum, send me a private message.
- Install your SDK (new version!)
- Install FSUIPC Version 4.939 or change the dll.xml (in %appdata%)
- Change simobjects.cfg for any MTL’s (in %programdata%)
- Change the dll.xml for IVAP (in %appdata%)
- <Path>C:/Program Files (x86)/IVAO/IvAp v2/ivap_fsx_bootstrap.dll</Path>
And an extra for ORBX users :: error message that ORBX cannot find terrain.cfg
- ORBX has provided a patch. Goto www.fullterrain.com and select Support