After you have downloaded, installed and activated the Prepar3D® client we advise you to store the Zip(s) and Installation Folder in a save place. It’s a good idea to make an image from your license credentials and store it here also. When you installed according to the guidelines these are your created folders:
- C:Program Files (x86)Lockheed MartinPrepar3D (or the modified install location*)
- C:ProgramDataLockheed MartinPrepar3D
- C:Users*USERNAME*AppDataLocalLockheed MartinPrepar3D
- C:Users*USERNAME*AppDataRoamingLockheed MartinPrepar3D
- C:Users*USERNAME*DocumentsPrepar3D Files
DO NOT MOVE OR CHANGE THOSE FOLDERS!
* The only difference could be that you have installed P3D in an other location than advised.
In this sample: disk H:
In the registry you will find your SetupPath location at:
If you have a Windows 7 – 32-bit Operating System, look here:
If you have a Windows 7 – 64 bit Operating System, look here:
To prevent crashed you (as a User) MUST have full permissions of the disk/folder you installed P3D.
and at this final stage: BACK-UP before you change anything.