What is BSOD:
The Blue Screen of Death (also known as BSoD or Blue Screen), known officially as a Stop Error or a bug check, is the error screen displayed by the Microsoft Windows family of operating systems upon encountering a critical error, of a non-recoverable nature, that causes the system to crash.In Windows NT-based operating systems, the Stop error occurs when the kernel, or a driver running in kernel mode, encounters any error from which it cannot recover. This is usually caused by an illegal operation being performed, where the only safe action the operating system can take is to restart the computer. As a result data may be lost, since the user is not given an opportunity to save any unsaved data to disk.
The text on the error screen contains an error code along with four other codes, whose meanings depend on the error code itself, and an error name. Depending on the error code, it may display the memory address at which the problem occurred, together with identifying details of the driver file loaded at that address.
So far …so bad…
- Download the application bluescreenview_setup from Nirsoft and install this on your PC.
- Let it run and the application will show you an overview of past BSoD’s
- Double click a line and this is what you get.
- The best information is the cause of the BSoD and which driver is giving you a headache
- In the File menu there is a Google link to find a resolution for the bug.